SEO for general websites and Blogs is different from SEO for .edu domain . well I think so and the reason behind this is that .edu is very high quality domain and doing normal seo for it might ruin the preference search engines give it. So how exactaly do you do SEO for .edu domain. well here are few tips which i learned while doing SEO of a big educational institution.
- Create relative Blogs and micro websites related to your original domain i.e. on Blogspot, wordpress.com etc.
- Get those blogs and micro sites crawled in Google and do seo for them.
- After doing SEO for blogs and other sites you created, link your original domain from the footer. Links from footer passes high quality link juice.
- Submitting your main domain in high quality directories like DMOZ, Yahoo directory etc.
- Updating those blogs and micro sites with relevant content time to time.
- Getting your main domain linked from other related websites for example from blogs of faculties, local government authorities etc.
- Submitting in Google places and other location related websites and verifying it.
- Writing Niche and Original content for Blogs targeting your audience.
What NOT to do while doing SEO of .edu domain
- Link Exchange- Don’t exchange links and update them on .edu website
- Low Quality Back links – Don’t get low quality back links this might heart the over all SEO of the domain
- Non relevant links – Avoid getting non relevant links i.e. links from random pages.
- Blog Commenting – Avoid blog commenting with your original domain though you can do it with blogs and micro sites you crated.