Samsung’s New projector phone - Galaxy Beam is now available for pre-order on official Samsung India e store. Galaxy Beam is priced at Rs. 29,900/- and is expected to hit Indian Market any time soon.
Galaxy Beam also known as GT I8530, is a high end mobile phone with an inbuilt High Definition Projector. It uses 15 Lumen projector which displays bright visuals that can be seen in low light outdoor environments as well.The company claims that it can project crisp videos, photos and slideshows on a 50-inch wide screen.
Samsung Galaxy Beam Features and Specifications
- Galaxy Beam sports a dual core 1MHz processor with 786 RAM.
- 4 inch capacitive touchscreen with a 480 x 800 pixel native resolution.
- Powered by Android Gingerbread 2.3.4 and is expected to upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich soon.
- The Beam also features a 5 megapixel rear camera capable of video recording in HD 720p resolution besides the 1.3 megapixel camera for video conferencing and video calling.
- Galaxy Beam also features 8 GB of onboard memory which can be expanded to up to 32 GB with the additional Micro SD card slot provided on the device.
The concept of projector is nothing new in India as our home grown brands such as Spice, Maxx and Intex already came up with phones that can be used as projector, Though Galaxy Beam is the first Android phone that has projection capability.
The phone is priced a bit Higher then expected and this might be one of the reason for it’s failure.
Category: Mobiles & Gadgets