Acer Iconia Smart S300 is a mix of Smartphone and Tablet. The phone is available for a price of Rs 28,990, which puts it directly in competition of Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc, Samsung Galaxy R, HTC Sensation and LG Optimus 2X.
- Android 2.3 based smart phone featuring a large 4.8 inch capacitive multi touch screen,
- 8 megapixel rear camera with auto focus and led flashlight, and 2 MP front facing camera.
- Connectivity – Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, FM radio, TV, micro – SD slot, HDMI port.
- Motion sensing along with 8 GB internal memory.
- 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor.
- Acer’s Android customisation adds a lot of features. For instance, you can have multiple notifications (and multiple screens) on the lockscreen itself. The pull-down notification bar, a standard Android feature, has been upgraded and also offers multiple screens (swipe left or right).
- Unlike other brands, the Iconia Smart S300 uses physical keys on the front of the device, along with the requisite volume rocker buttons on the side.
- The included micro HDMI port and cable let you connect it to a TV or projector without any fuss. A nice case is included in the box (useful, because the odd shape will make it difficult to find a generic case that fits). The 8MP rear and 2MP front cameras offer good performance. The build quality of the device is fantastic – there is extensive use of metal, the lines are clean and smooth to the touch with no creaking or loose parts. The mid section of the device is one piece of metal, so there is no battery cover in the traditional sense.
- it records 720p video and not 1080p full HD.
- It has the older version of Bluetooth (v2.1) while newer phones have Bluetooth 4.0 with faster data transfers and more features.
- It’s fairly heavy at 185 grams, while the dimensions (141mm height) make it a difficult fit for the average pocket.